Sunday, September 11, 2011

Insidious (2.5)



(Watch the Trailer)

A boy slips into a coma while his family is being haunted but they soon find out that he isn't just in a coma - he is about to be possessed.

It seemed like everyone how I mentioned horror films to recently has told me to see this movie. Some said it was amazing while all said it was entertaining and worth a watch. I am now joining the majority. This wasn't anything special and it wasn't that scary either but they had some original ideas but they just didn't make it as scary or as interesting as they could have.

I can't say that one performance was better than the other because it seemed that everyone was level in terms of acting...that's all I can really think to say about that.

I'm not sure if it's because I've started watching more and more foreign horror because it's better or if this movie itself just isn't impressive but I was really let down. I was told it was good and scary and yadda yadda but all they really did was have one solid scary demon thing and then, in my opinion, made fun of the paranormal world and its enthusiasts by creating mocking/fake investigation equipment and adding in a mysterious old psychic lady with stupid, nerd sidekicks. Lame. Cheap and lame.

The more I think about it the less I like it so I'll just end it that.

2.5/5

The idea of spirit travelling and what have you is cool but the world they create was less than imaginative.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...