Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Mummy (4)



(Watch the Trailer)

This is one of my all time favourites. Ever since I saw it in theatres in elementary school I fell in love with it. The history is fantastic and being a lover of Egyptian legends/myths/history I always get sucked in and cannot stop watching.

Brendan Fraser (Crash, Extraordinary Measures, Inkheart) is perfect in this role. He is goofy but charming. Wired and funny. Tough but realistic and so forth. I cannot imagine any one else playing this role but him and I feel the same way every single time I watch it. This was the movie that made me appreciate him.

Rachel Weisz ( The Brothers Bloom) has been also been a favourite of mine since seeing this movie and she has had a wonderful career these past years. I love her film choices, even the ones who didn't kill at the box office, she always picks interesting films. Hurray for talent!

The action and adventure in this is like nothing else. I lump this into the same category as Forrest Gump and Shawshank Redemption as movies that once I start watching, no matter where in the movie I come in, I cannot stop watching. And while The Mummy cannot cinematically be compared to the already mentioned it is still a great and always enjoyable film.

At times it does seem just a little too cheese. I know they want it to be family friendly, and it definitely is, but sometimes they gave up a little too much in order to make it so. Really though, for a fun, easy, adventure film the cheese is acceptable.

I love it. It might be because I have always loved it but I have yet to meet someone who has hated this movie.

4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...