Sunday, October 2, 2011

All Good Things (4)




(Watch the Trailer)


"Mr. David Marks was suspected but never tried for killing his wife Katie who disappeared in 1982, but the truth is eventually revealed." (IMDB)

I have no idea why I had never heard of this movie before but it was one of the best crime/drama films I have seen in awhile.

Ryan Gosling (Crazy Stupid Love, Blue Valentine) I am really starting to believe that you are the best thing. Really though, he might be my new favourite. I have yet to see him in something that I didn't like. I have yet to say a single bad thing about him. I like his style. I cannot wait for the next movie with him in it. Just, yes. So good. He freaked the hell out of me in this movie. His character was charming and sweet but you could see this coldness in his eyes that chilled you. I didn't trust his character from the start and that is huge. When one look of the eye convinces you not to trust him. What pure talent. So exciting to see. Okay, I'll stop now. AWESOME!

Kirsten Dunst has always been a tough call for me. I generally do not like her in movies because I felt like she acted the same in every single film but I highly enjoyed her in this movie. I don't know if I haven't been watching the right films with her in them but I thought she did an extra impressive job as this character. I genuinely cared for her and was angry when she was hurting. I like when that happens and now I will look at her with different eyes.

This movie is based on a true story and I'm not sure how much was actually true or not but for some reason I get more into a story if I know it really happened. This is an insane story because it looks at how one incident in this mans childhood shapes him into the man he now is. The evil that can be behind one pair of eyes is something that most people would not see coming and I thought this movie showed that with perfection. The suspense in this movie almost killed me as I drifted into the film and couldn't leave until the credits rolled.

Such a fantastic movie and I'm so glad I decided to watch it. The movie build and build and builds and you are on the edge of your seat and then it all goes down. So well edited and the placement of each scene and every element was so well timed. Love it.

If you like drama/crime films you will like this.

4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...