Sunday, October 2, 2011

Gnomeo & Juliet (3.5)



(Watch the Trailer)

When I first saw previews for this movie I groaned and rolled my eyes. Not only have I had to study, read, research and watch this play more times than I can count but the thought of them taking it and making it into a kids movie with gnomes in it just made my head hurt. Then I was at home and it was late and I knew anything but a kids movie would put me way past my bed time and it turned out that this was the only kids movie I hadn't seen yet...well, you know the rest. What you probably don't know except you read the rating I gave it is that I actually enjoyed this cute movie.

That is why. It was cute. I didn't think I liked gnomes as much as I did until I watched this movie and my inner child was dancing and laughing with glee. More the laughing than the dancing. Honestly though, it was funny, cute, oddly original and just a little bit cheeky. Wonderful.

James McAvoy...yup (X-Men: First Class, Penelope). Love him. All of him. He was great as Gnomeo and I thought his voice was a great choice for this cute guy. Also, the gnome looked like him and that was a bit weird but I got over it. Emily Blunt (The Adjustment Bureau, The Young Victoria) was also a good choice for the cute little Juliet character.

I guess I can't really talk about the acting because they were animated gnomes but I thought the animation was pretty great and the story was completely different minus the little snippets taken from the actual play but because of that I liked it more than I thought I would.

Cute, funny and entertaining. I'm not sure what kids think of it but I liked it and spent the whole time giggling like a little girl.

Also, the flamingo was the best. Those little legs...haha.

3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...