Friday, November 4, 2011

Attack the Block (4)



(Watch the Trailer)

2011 independent sci-fi/action/comedy by Joe Cornish.

A teen gang defend their block from an alien invasion.

I loved this film. I thought it was new, exciting, scary, hilarious and with some really cool aliens.

At first I didn't know what to think of it because the kids are actually dicks and they mug people and just want to beat things up. That's ultimately what the majority of the movie is, angry teenaged boys chasing dog-like aliens around and saying hilarious British slang. Once the action really started it was more than that though. Some of the characters started to develop and the story thickens. They are the unlikely heroes and I liked that about this film. A sci-fi with a thin line between good and evil. Well done.

Some of the effects were awesome, especially the gore. I was surprised by how well done it was. There were times when they didn't show a lot of attacks and other times when they zoomed right in. Because of that the movie had a great pace and even better suspense.

This is one of my new favourite sci-fi action films. I also think it's borderline horror/thriller but nothing too scary.

Loved the look of the aliens. Really liked the plot and the characters (by the end).

Bonus: Nick Frost.

4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...