Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (3)



(Watch the Trailer)

Edmund and Lucy return to Narnia just in time to stop evil from spreading over the land.

I completely forgot about the latest Narnia movie until I was on Netflix and saw it there. I remember being excited last year when I heard it was coming out and then after seeing the first trailers my excitement went away so I put it on the back burner. While it wasn't the best movie ever and my least favourite of these films I still thought it was a good adventure.

The acting in these has never been anything to talk about. While the kids are way older now, and even with Prince Caspian (Ben Barnes, see also Dorian Gray) running around looking all handsome, I found this movie a little dull. There was no great battle but more like an escape. The wonderful adventure filled with danger seemed more like a giant storm and a not-so-close encounter with invisible "beasts". The one plus of this was that there was a dragon but it wasn't a scary dragon.

I gather that because it being PG had something to do with the boringness of it but still, the other movies had sword fights and battles and beasts all over the place. Compared to the first one this movie just doesn't stack up.

The movie is beautiful with it's sunset backdrops and cool looking islands but I didn't find myself being pulled into the fantasy world as much as I would've hoped.

Still good for a family night and/or a sleepy Sunday when you don't really want to pay close attention to anything or over think a movie.

3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...