Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Gulliver's Travels (2.5)



(Watch the Trailer)

A mail boy of a company takes a travel job writing about the Bermuda Triangle in order to try and impress a girl from work. He lands on the island of Liliput, an island full of tiny people.

I used to be a huge Jack Black fan (Kung Fu Panda 2). I still find him funny but his tricks are getting old and therefore he is becoming slowly less and less hilarious. I still think he's got talent but I'm not sure he is using it as well as he should. I suppose if I could get away with doing silly little movies to make a buck and just keep on keepin' on then I would too but still, I need more Jack.

Emily Blunt (Gnomeo & Juliet, The Adjustment Bureau) and Jason Segel (The Muppets) were cute but they weren't in the movie enough for me. I was happy to see Jason Segel when he came on and I think he was my favourite in this film. They were sadly both victims of the script and their characters had some really stupid moments but it wasn't their fault.

This was pretty cheesy and also pretty corny at times. I couldn't help but be entertained but some parts of this movie had me rolling my eyes. Most of the time though it had a good pace and made general sense but then they would go and throw in a song or something weird and I would get taken completely out of the movie.

I liked it more than I thought I would but not as much as I wanted too. It was funny now and again but it was over all silly and some times way too weird for me. I wonder if kids would like it better than I did...

Bonus: Billy Connolly and Catherine Tate.

2.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...