Sunday, November 20, 2011

Puncture (3.8)



(Watch the Trailer)

A druggie lawyer gets a case to fight the big medical companies of America over their use of regular plastic needles instead of buying into a safety needle that is proven to stop accidental needle punctures among medical workers.

Chris Evans (Captain America) has been impressing me a lot lately. Maybe not a lot in terms of me watching all these movies with him in it but in terms of me watching some of his movies and being impressed every time. His performance in this movie was bang on. I thought he really took the form of his character and I was generally concerned and interested in him for the whole movie.

The subject of this movie at first was boring to me. I don't know anything about medical stuff and I also don't know how hospitals and what not work in the States. Regardless, the information that was given me over the course of this movie was intense to say the least. Especially near the end of the movie...I had no idea. I really had no idea that any of that was going on. I wonder if any one does know except for the big medical companies? Insane, that's all I can really say about that.

Not only was this movie informative like a documentary but the characters and performances were well done and the flow of the movie kept me interested and my mind always moving - just like the main character.

The only thing I didn't like about this movie is that I felt some of the time spent on showing us the dark side of Evans character Mike, stuff we were already shown before, seemed a little repetitive. Especially after the big drop of information. After that mind bomb I needed a big story jump or at least for the movie to have no ended the way it did but I suppose that this movie was more about Mike than about the needles. Still, after a certain point I needed more when it came to information instead of more when it came to the characters.

Glad I watched this movie. It's not overly dark or emotional but it is a powerful movie and Chris Evans does a great job.

3.8/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...