Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Season of the Witch (3.5)



(Watch the Trailer)

Nick Cage as Nick Cage being a knight of the church.

I joke. I actually am one of the few who still really like Nicholas Cage (Moonstruck, Kick-Ass, The Sorcerer's Apprentice). I know he is the same in almost every movie but I like him in every movie so I will keep liking him. I find him entertaining and he does fun[ny] and different kind of movies. N. Cage for life.

This movie is not what I thought it was going to be at all. I thought it would be painful, corny and ultra lame but a solid N. Cage flick that I could sit back and be entertained by. It was a little bit of those things but then it also had all this history and THEN the story turned into this crazy paranormal adventure with this creature and what not...cool. Knights, swords, battles, witches, demons, the plague and Nicholas Cage. Win win win. So much win. I liked this movie way more than I should have.

Yes, it was corny at times. Yes, a lot of the history is laughable and they make shit up but who cares it's all about imagination and acceptance. Yes, the ending is hilarious. Yes, sometimes Cage has an accent sort of and sometimes he has blond hair and then not.

Who cares. You knew it wasn't going to be great.

If you like stories like this or Nicholas Cage then you will like this movie. If you watch the trailer and roll your eyes then don't watch it. It's perfect for those of us in the first category.

N. Cage, you rock. I will add a .5 just for you.

3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...