Thursday, December 22, 2011

Faster (3.5)



(Watch the Trailer)

I love a good action movie. These days I really look for the hand-to-hand combat, any form of chase scene and gun handling. After watching more than my fair share of action flicks I need to see something unique, impressive and ultimately cool to be impressed.

This movie impressed me. More than I thought it would.

To start, Dwayne Johnson (Fast Five, The Other Guys) is a badass in action movies. I think he has a certain way about him that no one else has right now. I, unlike most, love that he can go from playing the Tooth Fairy in a kids movie to being this badass tattoo covered killing machine in movies like Faster. I thought he was great in this role and I saw some extra emotional depth that I haven't seen from Dwayne yet. Thus, hat tip good Sir. Keep it up.

The story has been done a million times and that was going against this movie. He wants to revenge his brother and goes around killing those involved. Been there, seen that.

That being said, the combat and action in this movie had a nice, new spin on it at times. There were some cool moves with hand-to-hand and the car chases were actually pretty interesting. As a plus, I could see everything that was going on. I HATE that about newer action movies, how they blur everything and speed it up so you can't make out what's actually going on (aka the cheap way out). Good action in this movie.

Ultimately, this film surprised me and I liked it a lot more than I thought. I've never liked Billy Bob Thornton though so I didn't like him in this movie. Not sure why, I have never ever liked him, even back in the day. meh.

If you like action, watch this. If not, you probably wont find much to love about it.

3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...