Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Morning Glory (3)



(Watch the Trailer)

Harrison Ford makes this movie. That being said his character was kind of boring and isn't even around as much as you would think. Still, he played the stubborn, stuck up old man well.

Rachel McAdams was kind of a let down in this movie. I guess I haven't been overly impressed with her anyways seeing how she really is being herself in every movie but with different lipstick. Meh.

Diane Keaton was actually perfect for this role but she too wasn't in the movie as much as you would think.

I suppose television isn't something I'm overly in to (hence all the movie watching) so this movie didn't have an emotional platform with me nor did it want to take the time to suck me into this unknown world and allow me to grasp any form of understanding. It didn't have to, it's a comedy, they need laughs not tears. I found it hard to laugh though as I didn't get the 'jokes' as I didn't understand. It's a vicious cycle.

I didn't like the first half or more of this movie. It was kind of boring, I wasn't getting anything from the story or most of the characters and it seemed like the movie was losing sight of its purpose. Then the climax kind of hits and it picks up the pace but then drops back down again. Then it picks it up and drops it again. And then, for a solid 15-20 minutes it's an amazing movie and I'm laughing and smiling and having a great time.

It was almost too good and I thought "Wow, is this one of the first movies I have seen in a long time that starts out bad but ends well instead of having a crap ending?" and then it was a crap ending. I mean, really?! Walking into the sunset. Come on. Were you all out of doves or hot air balloons or something? So lame.

The last bit of the movie is awesome. I liked that movie a lot. The rest is watchable and perfect for a rainy, "I'm too tired for a documentary" kind of day.

3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...