Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Artist (5)



(Trailer)

A silent film about silent films by Michel Hazanavicius starring Jean Dujardin, Bérénice Bejo and John Goodman.

I had to think hard before I gave this a 5...I don't give a lot of films perfect ratings but I honestly cannot think of one thing I didn't like about this film so alas. 5/5. And BRAVO!

Bestill my cinema heart, I get it now. I understand why this movie is up for so many Oscars and why it was on everyone's top movies lists from 2011. This movie is brilliant, creative, funny, original, romantic, charming and all around beautiful. They thought of everything. Script, characters, music, music, music, performances, settings, actors and did I mention the sound?

The scene that really got me is when he is having a nightmare when sound effects happen but he has no voice. Ohhh man. That actually gave me chills and all it was was a glass being put down or some girls laughing. The meaning and power behind this movie surprised me in all the right ways.

I could go on and on but all I have to say is that this movie inspired me to love movies even more than I thought I could. I watch a lot of movies but after awhile it's hard to pay attention to the small details and really see a movie.

I saw this. And I'll see it again and again, and so should you.

Magnificent and magical. Thank you to everyone involved. I feel refreshed, excited and ready to watch more cinema! Bravo.

Bonus: John Goodman. Love it! Oh, and James Cromwell.

5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...