Friday, January 6, 2012

Greenberg (2.5)




(Watch the Trailer)


2010 drama/comedy about a 40 year old who is fresh out of a mental hospital for having a melt down and decides to try doing nothing for awhile.

Ben Stiller used to impress me but I can't say he has caught my attention very much over the last few years except by maybe seeing a movie trailer that looks awful and deciding not to go see it.

There was something about this movie thought that interested me so I put it on the list and finally got around to seeing it.

This is a weird little movie. There is no doubt about the fact that I generally enjoy strange films, especially ones of the indie variety, but this one was a little too strange. By that I mean that I didn't really "get" it. I know that is a bit vague but I mean it. There were many times when I was just frowning and thinking "What?!" to myself. Many times.

Ben Stiller was interesting and he did a good job being who ever his character was supposed to be. At first I liked the character but then he just seemed like an asshole who was stuck being 16 and couldn't get over himself.

Greta Gerwig was a little easier to connect with but then she also goes a little too far and her character takes off in all kinds of directions and left me behind. I liked her the best though.

The movie was funny and then it was weird and then it was just strange, depressing and boring. It started off on such a good note and I was liking what I saw but then it just went down hill and never came back up.

Ya. Not a must see but if you enjoy questioning strange movies about depressed people and sick dogs then you might like it.

2.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...