Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Secret of Kells (4)



(Trailer)

The 2009 animation directed by Tomm Moore and Nora Twomey about the boy behind the famed Book of Kells.

This film has been on my movies to watch list for a very long time but I sort of forgot about it until I was roaming Netflix and stumbled upon it.

This was some of the most interesting and original animation I have seen in a looong time. It did a fantastic job of combining the imagination of the character with the historical essence of the story to create beautiful scenes. I completely understand why it was nominated for an Oscar.

I loved this movie. I wasn't sure at first, it seemed weird, but that was only because I hadn't seen anything quite like it before. If I were a kid though I would go bat shit for this film. I mean, I highly enjoyed it as an adult but this really is meant for the family. A little scary but nothing more intense then when I would watch the original Hobbit movie when I was very young.

The only thing I didn't like, and it is probably because as an adult I wanted more to everything, but I felt the ending sort of just ended. That's usually what happens with family fun flicks but I personally wanted a little extra to the end of the story.

History, imagination, originality and an over-all interesting story and character made for a highly entertaining and dream-like movie to watch. My only regret is not having seen it sooner.

Bonus: Brendan Gleeson.

4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...