Friday, January 13, 2012

Shrink (3)



(Trailer)
2009 drama by Jonas Pate about a pothead shrink loses his wife and spirals down hill.

This film is all about Kevin Spacey (The Life of David Gale, The Men Who Stare at Goats). Kevin Spacey is the man (in case you didn't already know). I liked him in this movie and I thought he did a good job of balancing the two sides of his character.

The other characters were interesting and I liked how the script joined them all together in this mass of intertwining relationships. Yet, it didn't feel original at all to me. The characters were obvious and the "what is going to happen next" was obvious with each passing scene. That was why I ended up not being impressed by this film.

Also, at certain points, everything was just weird. Like they were trying to be different but it just confused me and shook the flow of the story.

Like I said, Kevin Spacey is awesome. There were some funny parts to this movie and I liked it over all but it didn't do much else for me.

3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...