Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Three Musketeers (4)



(Trailer)

The 2011 remake by Paul W.S. Anderson.

I thought this movie was passable and was going to suck. Then I saw that Quentin Tarrantino had it on his favourite movies of 2011 and I raised my brows and wrote it down on my to watch list. I doubted him a bit for having it on there when so many other movies came out that are mention worthy...alas, I get why.

What an action/adventure film. This was even more fast paced than Tintin and more exciting than Hugo. The sword play alone is worth watching this movie. Things happen and I just dropped my jaw in awe. It was insane, the fight choreography is INSANE in this film. The vibe and pace of the movie reminded me a lot of the first Pirates of the Caribbean film.

The story was good and I will admit that there are a lot of things you need to just accept and go along with in order to really enjoy this movie. Things like...flying war ships. Ya. Not so original but once I accepted it it didn't matter.

I was happily surprised by most of the performances. I do not like Milla Jovovich and haven't since The Fifth Element so that doesn't count. Matthew Macfadyen as Athos was fantastic. Luke Evans and Christian Oliver were nice bonuses.

Logan Lerman was great as D'Artagnan. I wasn't sure at first but he handled the action really well and made for a perfect balance next to Macfadyen and the others. Orlando Bloom as the 'evil' dude made me giggle a bit.

This movie got bad reviews and it came and went quite quickly but I think people should go back and give it another chance. It's not an Oscar winning movies but it is one of the most entertaining films I have seen from 2011.

4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...