Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Born to Be Bad (3.5)



1950 film-noir drama by director Nicholas Ray.

I think this is one of my new favourites of the Film-Noir variety. Mainly because Joan Fontaine is stellar as the lead actress in this film. She is beautiful and awful but you can't hate her even if you want to. She was amazing in this role.

Mel Ferrer and Robert Ryan were quite good in this movie, I thought they all fit each other really well and made this movie more impossible to turn away from.

I loved this story. You have to see just how far she will go to get what she thinks she wants. I love black and white films, especially when there is a strong female character.

That's really all I have to say, if you like Film-Noir or black and white films you will like this.

3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...