Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Certified Copy (3)



(Trailer)

2010 drama by Abbas Kiarostami (original title Copie Conforme).

This movie is...confusing. Passionate and dramatic and a rollercoaster, but I couldn't completely grasp it. It was interesting and then it just slammed right into confusing and right when you think you grasped what has happened and it slams into another wall of confusion and then ends.

I want to say I liked it but I'm not sure. I am sure that the performances were amazing. Emotions are flying all over the place and sometimes you aren't sure how the characters are going to react. Especially when the flip happens...it's like, what the hell?! And yet the characters convince you. Hard to explain, you will see when you watch it.

I love the idea behind this film. While it was a film about love it is not a romantic movie. I found the characters attractive enough (not physically, well, Juliette is gorgeous). Juliette Binoche and William Shimell are like a wild fire together but then like the sunset. Beautiful and tragic. That about sums up this film I think. Their performances, once again, are amazing.

I just don't think I completely get it. I want to say more but it would completely ruin the twist in the plot. I get the bare bones but to really understand what the characters were going through didn't completely happen because I couldn't get past the first layer of the story or the characters.

I think I need to see it again. Ultimately, a good film. Thanks Netflix.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...