Thursday, February 16, 2012

Chronicle (4)



(Trailer)

2012 sci-fi/drama by Josh Trank about three high school boys who wake up with super powers after discovering something in a cave. They are about to find out who they really are as their powers become a part of their lives.

While the trailer for this movie was interesting, I was worried that this movie would be about a few teen boys running around being silly with some super powers. It's true that this is how the movie sort of starts off but then it gets really dark, really fast and ends up being amazing.

I wasn't sure what was going on for the first 15-20 minutes and was slightly annoyed with the hand-cam aspect of the movie. As the story progresses and you get to know the main character a little more, the shaky cam makes sense and so does the dark side of this movie that slowly peaks its head out and then destroys everything.

I was also surprised by how well they did with casting the three guys. Dane DeHaan, Alex Russell and Michael B. Jordan were great as Andrew, Matt and Steve. Also, Dane DeHaan scares me now but at the same time I feel like I can't be mad at how he reacts in the end.

This was easily one of the more enjoyable and surprisingly well done sci-fi films I have seen in awhile. It was entertaining, funny at times, fast paced and then an insane drama with crazy scenes. Really, I still can't get over where the film ends up compared to how it starts. So cool.

Okay, I'm basically saying the same thing over and over again. If the trailer intrigues you at all see this movie. If you like sci-fi/super powers/dark action films see this movie. Really, just, see it. It's good. And the ending doesn't suck.

4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...