Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Grey (3.5)



(Trailer)

2012 action/drama by Joe Carnahan about a group of men who survive a plane crash in Alaska only to be hunted by a pack of wolves.

Liam Neeson (Unknown, The A-Team). The new found action God. This man was born to do action like he was born to breath and be awesome. It's natural to him. I really never have a complaint about this man. How could I? He keeps making all these amazing action films.

One thing and the biggest complaint, the wolves sucked in this movie. Who ever the animators were should watch some more nature programs or something. Some of the wolves looked more like weird werewolves. Others didn't even look like dogs at all. Some of the shots were re-used several times, I'm guessing to save money. Then, out of nowhere, they stick in some live footage of an actually wolf but then go back to the shitty computer wolves. Meh. Really disappointed about the damn wolves. After all, besides Liam Neeson, that's what I wanted to see.

I like survival movies a lot, I like to see how people will react in certain life or death situations. This movie did a decent job with that but the script was shaky at points and what they decided to show about each character wasn't necessarily what I cared to know about. They went from sentimental to action and back a little too much and far too quickly for my liking.

Still, some of the scenes were so filled with suspense that I thought my heart was going to burst. I wanted more though but it was still a good movie. I just wanted it to be mind blowing. Liam Neeson is the best thing about this movie, hands down.

Ending = rip off. You'll see what I mean.

3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...