Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Life in a Day (3.5)



(Trailer)

A documentary done by people all over the world on July 24, 2010.

Really interesting idea. Felt very natural and showed different people and cultures but still didn't show exactly what I wanted to see what was happening across the globe on one day.

While I saw things that I have never seen before and therefore really liked watching this film, I wanted to see more of everything. Of people, and their lives, instead of little snippets from youtube videos about people crying or sleeping or peeing. I get where they were doing with this, and I'm glad they showed the every day world of people, but I am more interested on things that some people do that I may or may not do every day.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that while this movie was interesting that it didn't seem overly original or mind blowing, which it very well could have been. I suppose that was because of those who picked which imaged and stories to show. I'd love to see what was left out.

Still, a good documentary and definitely a good watch. Just don't expect anything life changing when it is over.

3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...