Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Pontypool (4)



(Trailer)

2008 film by Bruce McDonald.

Strange things start to happen in a small rural Ontario town right as 4 people start their days doing the daily morning radio show.

This was strangely suspenseful. For most of the movie you don't even see the zombies but only hear phone calls, police reports and what not to the radio station. I found myself glued to the screen though as the story quickly escalates into madness and the zombies are at their door step.

I wasn't sure how I felt about Stephen McHattie who played Grant Mazzy but he quickly grew on me. I think he was a perfect choice for the character.

I thought that this film was pretty original for a zombie flick. Their take on the 'disease' was really interesting. I'm not sure if I was completely sold on it or not but I still thought it was interesting. That's the best thing about this movie, it was interesting. The characters were all very different and once the story starts it doesn't hold back. I really liked it.

It's not a shoot 'em up zombie film though, so don't expect lots of blood and juts. What you can expect is a psychological thriller filled with problem solving, fast paced scenes and interesting ideas that get your brain buzzing.

I have no idea why it took me so long to see this amazing movie.

4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...