Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Seeking Justice (4)



(Trailer)

A man's wife is raped and he is contacted by a secret group of people who will kill the man responsible...as long as you do as they say once the deed is done.

I really liked this movie. I surprised myself by how much I liked it. I am a Nicholas Cage (Season of the Witch, The Sorcerer's Apprentice) fan but it was more than that. Guy Pearce was amazing. The story was actually quite interesting and although you have a pretty good idea how it will end that doesn't stop little turns in the story to surprise you. There were a few things that I didn't see coming that made me even more interested. The action is also quite solid and I liked the added bit of detective work and tension. I guess I just allowed myself to get attached to the character and went along for the ride.

N. Cage. I'm sorry people, I don't care what people say, I like him. I even like his bad movies because there is just something about him that I like. I thought he was better in this movie performance wise than a lot of his previous films. I like the guy therefore I like his movies.

January Jones was decent as Cage's wife but I honestly feel like she is the same character in every movie. I know saying that after saying how much I like Cage is funny but at least there is some differences to Cage. He can do serious or comedy or what have you easily but I don't feel that with Jones. I just, don't. She even does the same hair sweep, grin face in every.single.movie. Seriously, watch for it.

Guy Pearce was legitimately scary in this movie. Well done Sir.

I like the story. I liked the character and I liked how they tried to add depth to the plot but didn't quite get there and seemed to get side tracked by action. The action was good though although this movie is not a shoot-em-up type film (well, not entirely).

Liked it. Solid action/thriller, and the ending isn't as corny as it could've been.

4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...