Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Take Shelter (4)



(Trailer)

2011 thriller/drama by Jeff Nichols about a man who has nightmares about the end of the world and starts to lose sight of what's real and what's a dream.

Anticipation. This movie did anticipation with perfection. Even though the movie was two hours long, and at times I felt like nothing was really happening, I was still glued to the screen just watching and waiting for the 'thing' to happen. The build was slow but intense. The characters were deep and real. The story seemed close to home yet almost from another world...

Amazing. The more I think about this movie the more I like it. It's one of those things that I didn't think was powerful until I realized how much it affected me after it was over. I couldn't stop thinking about it. Analysing certain scenes. Telling people about it. And, it completely ruined my evening because I felt emotional devastated once the credits rolled. I sort of just...sat there. Not moving. Just starring at the wall.

Michael Shannon's performance was amazing. I have nothing but good things to say. Powerful and a perfect fit to the character. I'm not sure why, but some of the scenes when they just show him looking up at the sky were more intense than any fight scene. Awesome.

The script was great. I loved the ending. I loved everything about it but can't tell you why because it would ruin everything.

I know that there was a lot more meaning to this movie and to certain things that I still can't comprehend.

I dare you to watch it and not think about it afterwards.

4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...