Monday, March 26, 2012

We Bought a Zoo (4)



(Trailer)

2011 drama/family film by Cameron Crowe ( Singles) based on the national bestselling novel about a father who buys a zoo for his family after losing his wife.

I love movies that are based on true stories. If they are done right, they give a script that extra bit of strength to make both characters and story amazing.

This movie did that. They did it well.

There is so much heart in this story and it really shines through in the film. I thought that all the performances and the script was great. Matt Damon (Green Zone, Hereafter) did really well and I thought he was quite charming as Benjamin. The little girl broke my heart she was so cute. I even liked Scarlett Johansson ( Vicky Christina Barcelona ) who I wasn't convinced could truly act until I watch this movie...although there were a few too many close ups of her pretty face grinning with the whole hair in the wind thing with the sunshine going on for me to be FULLY convinced. Ya. A little too much going on there.

This is a great family/drama movie and it really inspired me to read the book. I watch a lot of films and I admit that they rarely make me want to look into where the script came from to access more of the story than what the film gave me. But, now and again, a really good story shows up and I can't seem to let it go. I have a feeling this is one of those.

So watch this movie. It made me laugh, made me sad, made me frustrated but ultimately made me glued to the screen with anticipation to see what would happen with the zoo.

...the fact that it is true is crazy. Hats off to them.


Bonus: Thomas Haden Church ( Easy A , All About Steve).

4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...