Monday, April 2, 2012

Carnage (4)



(Trailer)

2011 dramatic comedy by Roman Polanski about 2 married couples who get together to discuss their sons after one of them wounds the other in a fight.

I had no idea what to expect from this movie. I honestly thought it was just a drama with a couple of laughs but it ended up being a really hilarious film with drama on the side. What a lovely surprise.

And what an AMAZING cast. Seriously. Kate Winslet ( The Life of David Gale) has been a long time favourite of mine and I love her in everything, including this film. Especially when things start heating up...just amazing to see her on the screen. Love how natural her performances are. Christoph Waltz ( Water for Elephants ) was great. He was pretty serious in this movie but worked so well with everyone else. I liked Jodi Foster ( Nell ) more in this movie than I think I ever have before. Seriously, she was perfect in this role. Last but not least John C. Reilly comes up and steals the show from everyone. I was stunned when his character loses it and I loved every minute of it.

Wow.

I mean, the story itself is basic and sounds like it would be boring but this isn't a movie about a story, it's a movie about people and these four characters are perfect. Written so well and came across as so natural and powerful, AND hilarious...

I am actually surprised by how much I liked this movie. I mean, the first bit seemed pretty straight forward but then it just takes off and doesn't slow down. Very well done and so funny.

I could watch it again right now. I also would love to see this as a play.

4/5

1 comment:

  1. Hollywood Bollywood All Movies In Hindi Dubbed Watch without buffering and download for pc, tablet android mobile free.



    Visit Here --->>> Watch Latest Hollywood Bollywood Movies In Hindi

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...