Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Darkest Hour (3)



(Trailer)

2011 sci-fi/action film by Chris Gorak about 5 young people who try to survive in Moscow after an alien invasion.

I thought this movie was going to be cheesy, especially after I read a couple of reviews. I can see why this film didn't amaze people but it is far from bad. In fact, I thought it was pretty entertaining and interesting. But then again, I'm a sucker for sci-fi so that's probably a huge factor in my liking it.

Emile Hirsch is definitely a way better actor than this film and character allowed him to be. I still liked him, but there wasn't much to any character to be honest so it's hard to discuss acting.

I will say that the people they chose to play the running, scared females were less annoying and had a lot more clothing on then in most films with those type of characters. Also, unlike Transformers the main chick (aka Olivia Thirlby) didn't spend the entire movie running in 6" heels but instead realized she should take them off within the first mile of running. Yup. Makes sense, even if it makes you look less sexy when you're about to die...shame.

I liked the general idea behind this movie. I liked the whole concept behind the aliens. I wasn't overly taken with the look of them once their shields were down and you could get a good look at them...but they were neat when they blew up!

Interesting story with some new concepts and less annoying young people running around trying to survive made for an entertaining film. I liked it. To each their own. Give it a chance though if you like sci-fi/alien invasion flicks. Just don't expect a lot of sustenance.

3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...