Monday, April 23, 2012

Haywire (3)



(Trailer)

2011 Action flick by Steven Soderbergh about a super soldier is set up after a mission goes wrong and when she avoids her assassination, she looks for those who tried to kill her.

This movie had some of the most realistic fight scenes I have ever seen! I also loved how this is maybe the first action movie I have ever seen that had no audio or sound effects playing during the action scenes. There was some music playing here and there but once the fighting started they cut the track and just used the raw audio of the action scenes. Loved that. Made it seem so real and believable.

While the cast is amazing: Ewan McGregor (Beginners, I Love You Philip Morris ), Michael Fassbender (Hunger), Channing Tatum (The Eagle), Michael Douglas and Antonio Banderas, I wasn't really impressed with any one performance but I did like how the main character played by Gina Carano was believable as a trained solider and her movements were smooth and precise. I liked the story too but found that it didn't go deep enough to really shock me or make the ending seem like a surprise. Also, the plot twist just kind of lame and slowed the pace of the film.

Loved the hand to hand combat though, there were some amazing scenes in this movie and that is what it is all about. If you like action movies I suggest watching this. The acting and story are decent enough but it's the fighting that makes this film worth while.

3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...