Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Our Idiot Brother (2.5)



(Trailer)

2011 film by Jesse Peretz about a brother who is a bit of a hippie and falls victim to secrets and lies regarding his sisters.

This movie was kind of a let down. It wasn't what it advertised itself to be and from all the reviews that it read via other movies to watch lists I read it really didn't live up to the hype.

Don't get me wrong, Paul Rudd, Elizabeth Banks and Zooey Deschanel were all amazing and I enjoyed the basic idea behind this film but it kept pushing that it was a comedy and I just didn't see it. Sure, it was a light dramatic comedy but I would definitely not call this a pure comedy.

Even with Paul Rudd being a nice, charming hippie who was stupid and clueless and therefore entertaining to watch he just wasn't funny to me. I was disappointed because I wanted lots of laughs but really all I got were face palms and humour sighs over the silly things that were happening.

If you're looking for a nice, soft flick to watch while making dinner or playing with your friends dogs then it's a great time filler but other then that I would've rather watched Conan again. *shrug*

2.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...