Friday, May 25, 2012

Being Elmo: A Puppeteer's Journey (3)




(Trailer)

I wanted to see this for almost a year as it was one of the big documentaries that was all the buzz last year.

I liked the story and it was great to see the history and passion within this industry aka puppeteering, but it was just missing that woe factor. I want a documentary to convince me and while I thought his story was great I didn't find it overly inspiring.

It should've made me want to become a puppet master. When really, it made me realize that Kevin was made to be a puppet master. While this is okay as it was a movie about him it should've also been a movie about the love of this art form and I think they lost sight of this.

While it didst inspire me to make puppet it was interesting and taught me a few things I never knew before. While it didn't help me grasp the industry or the bigger picture it made me smile.

Wanted more but still a decent film with passion and humour and an overall good story.

3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...