Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Intouchables (4.5)




(Trailer)

The 2011 french film by Olivier Nakache and Eric Toledano based on a true story about a wealthy quadriplegic who hires a young man from the projects to be his caretaker.

François Cluzet and Omar Sy were amazing in this film. I mean, beyond amazing. They took hold of their characters to the point that I actually forgot that it wasn't a documentary where these were the actual people but very talented actors. Omar, who played Driss, was fantastic. His character had sucha  wide range of emotions with a deep and complex story backing up his decisions and I thought that Omar portrayed every characteristic with ease. François was just beyond words...playing a quadriplegic can not be easy and yet I had to go on imdb to see if he actually was acting or if he was in a wheel chair. Crazy.

The story is heart-felt, moving, inspirational and at the same time had a surprisingly comical background. I was laughing at a lot of the scenese and felt truly warmer in the heart region after the movie was over. It has been awhile, maybe since Beginners that I have seen such a solid drama about people that moved me in ways that makes me love cinema all over again.

Watch this.

There really isn't more I can say about it.

Only complaint: I watch a lot of foreign films and never mind subtitles (prefer it over dubs) but I found that during some fast paced scenes that I couldn't read fast enough and lost out on some ends of conversations. Only thing I disliked about this movie and it really has nothing to do with the film itself.

4.5/5

3 comments:

  1. This was my favorite film (so far) of 2011. Nice review.

    Shane
    www.movieworship.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. The more time that goes by since this movie was released the more I appreciate it. Such an amazing film.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. So nice. I can't find one like this.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...