Wednesday, May 16, 2012

This Means War (3)

(Trailer)

When two CIA agents and best friend realize that they are falling for the same girl, they use their skills to try to win her over before the other one gets the girl.

I knew this movie wasn't going to wow me as the story really didn't interest me at all. Then when I saw that it starred Tom Hardy ( Tinker Tailor Solider Spy, Warrior ) and Chris Pine ( Unstoppable ), who aren't just talented but some good old fashioned eye candy, I just had to check it out.

Reese Witherspoon ( Water for Elephants )aside, the action actually want that bad. I found the characters rather annoying, most of all Witherspoon's, but was surprised by my lack of interest in any one character.

Some of the scenes were cool, mainly the one where they are both sneaking into her house without her noticing and it is one continuous shot for several well planned minutes. Rest of the action was unsuspenseful and obvious.

The ending was the least climatic part of this whole movie. Not only because you already know what's going to happen but because it only takes like 5 minutes to conclude. Lame.

Over all entertaining. Loved watching Hardy and Pine work together but the story had no depth, surprise or emotion and I found myself growing restless for it to be over. Even with some decent action and some well earned laughs, it left something to be desired.

3/5



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...