Friday, June 29, 2012

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (3.5)




Directed by Timur Bekmambetov.

The real story of Abraham Lincoln before and during his presidency. 

This movie was 60% awesome/bad-good and 40% just bad. 

I was really looking forward to this movie but I knew going in that it wasn't going to be a life changing movie. I just wanted to be entertained and to laugh and I did both of those things. 

What stopped me from liking this movie was the awful computer graphics. I mean...seriously. What professional is unable to make a believable horse with a computer these days? They should've taken more time and spent a little bit more money. It was so bad at times that I stopped watching the movie and could see only the bad graphics. Ugh. Ruined it. 

I am only giving this a 3.5 because, in the end, it was entertaining and the story wasn't actually that bad. I also thought that Benjamin Walker did a great job and the only times I cringed were due to the script that he was following. I laughed really hard, sometimes planned but mostly AT the movie and those were good laughs. 

I love all vampire movies so of course I liked it. 

3.5/5


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...