Monday, June 18, 2012

I'm Still Here (3.5)



(Trailer)

The 2012 documentary by Casey Afflect about how Joaquin Phoenix gives up his acting career to pursue his dream to be a rapper.

I have no idea why it took me this long to finally get around to watching this movie but I am glad that I finally did.

This was one of the best comedies I have seen in a long time. for at least 60% of this movie I spent my time rolling on the couch saying WTF and kept almost spitting my water all over the place. Some of the scenes just...do not...make sense. The whole thing doesn't make sense actually.

Then the movie gets boring because all he does it go on rampages, yells at his friends, does coke and cries. Then it's okay again and then the ending is boring again and weird and the movie just flops.

Is it a hoax? Everyone says that it its because he just goes so crazy that there is no way it could be real, right? I am not sold on that. They never made a documentary about him before this and we assume that he was sane because on interviews 5 years ago he seemed normal but normal how? Normal because he still combed his hair and  you could see his face? I just think that if it was a hoax that it was the most elaborate hoax I have ever seen and I still applaud him for it. I also hope that he loses some weight, combs his hair and stops doing drugs because he was a ruined man.

Regardless, it looks like he is back into acting and is filming a movie right now. It's definitely one of the more interesting films I have ever watched.

3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...