Friday, June 15, 2012

Prometheus (4.5)



(Trailer)

I know I would not stand alone when I say that I had been looking forward to seeing this movie for a very long time. I had high hopes and while the movie didn't quite meet my needs they replaced them with new images, thoughts and awesomeness.

First off: Noomi Rapace. IS AMAZING! She completely won me over for her beyond perfect performance in The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo movies (the original and better ones). I am so happy that the world caught on and she is sticking around/touching ground in North America. She rocked this movie. There were some scenes...mostly the one with the cutting... (no spoiler)...that just WOW. I think I said "Jesus!" about 15 times during that part. She was fantastic.

Michael Fassbender ( Haywire, Shame ) is another one who is WAY up in my radar and has YET to disappoint me in any film to date. This one continues that trend. He was the best robot I have seen in awhile. I know that sounds lame but it is hard for a human to act non-human. Just the way he walked and the way his facial expressions worked was perfectly non-human. I like you Mr. Fassbender. Yes, I do.

Everyone was bringing their A game in this movie and I think that that had a lot to do with Ridley Scott's amazing direction. Just...flawless. I don't have much more to say about that. He really does make once in a lifetime movies.

The story was not entirely what I was expecting but once my brain excepted that it was deeper and went further than I thought it would I was on board. It was awesome. There was action, suspense, love and then thrills along side thought provoking dialogue that made this movie solid.

I am not sure I completely agree with the ending but I am glad they left it open. Not because there might be a sequel but because it made everyone to come to their own conclusions as to what happened and what is about to happen next. Solid work.

It's a movie that I need to see again and with each time I watch it I will discover new things I missed. I love when movies are so good that you have to see them several times before you fully grasp them. Take that, modern day audiences!

4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...