Saturday, June 9, 2012

Rio (3.5)



(Trailer)

2011 animated comedy/adventure movie by Carlos Saldanha about a domesticated macaw from America who takes off on an adventure to Rio de Janeiro and discovers the bird of his dreams.

I didn't have high hopes for this movie and that may have caused me to like it more than I thought I would but I honestly think that this movie deserves more credit than it has.

I was smiling and giggling like a child within the first 3 minutes of this movie. I than continued to laugh and smile and enjoy myself for the rest of the movie. Sure, there were holes in the script and yes at times the story went way off to the side for ridiculous reasons but it was a kids movie and meant to just be enjoyed and that's exactly what it did.

The only thing that I cannot get over is how much I did not think that Jesse Eisenberg's voice was the voice for Blu. Anne Hathaway was awesome and matched her bird but I just didn't buy Jesse being that blue bird. I feel like it should've been more of a Zac Efron or Justin Timberlake. Meh

Liked it. Laughed. Was amused. Ultimately, glad that I watched it.

3.5/5


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...