Friday, July 13, 2012

Cafe de Flore (4.5)



(Trailer) 

2011 French-Canadian drama by Jean-Marc Vallee.

I had no idea where this movie was going to take me. It was suggested to me by someone last year but I  never got around to seeing it until yesterday. I thought that what this movie was was going to be at face value. They lead you to believe it's about one thing...then another...then another and each time it gets deeper and more intense until you are completely sucked into the film.

At least, that's what it was like for me.

The acting in this by EVERYONE was flawless (Vanessa Paradis, Kevin Parent, Helene Florent, etc). Even the kids. Heck, especially the kids. I forgot completely that I was watching actors or even watching a movie for most of this film.

The direction, music, pace, cinematography, script and how each flowed so flawlessly into each other was magic. I haven't seen such a well done drama in a long time. There was no unnecessary drama added in to create false climaxes. There was no fake acting, no yelling or throwing without reason. I just...well, it's one of those movies that you don't realize how much it's hit you until it's over and you sleep and forget it and then try to write a review about it.

At least, that's what it is like for me.

It struck a personal cord for me as well as I flip back and forth between my belief in life after death and past lives yadda yadda but this shaped it and framed it and broke it over my head in a way that I hadn't taken the time to think of before. Very powerful. Very well planned and so well executed. But, the less you know the better.

Regardless, as a Canadian I am 100% proud of this being made in Quebec and I think everyone should give this a chance. Warning: just when you think it's intense it gets more intense.

4.5/5

1 comment:

  1. Hollywood Bollywood All Movies In Hindi Dubbed Watch without buffering and download for pc, tablet android mobile free.



    Visit Here --->>> Watch Latest Hollywood Bollywood Movies In Hindi

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...