Sunday, July 1, 2012

The Dictator (3.5)



(Trailer) 

This movie had more of a story to it than the trailer and clips led me to believe. I actually thought it was funny but not hilarious. I laughed out loud a few times and really meant it but it was more overall humourous and just ridiculous.

It's Sacha Baron Cohen at his best. I like that he is almost too much and crosses the line once or twice but in the end turns things around to poke fun at Americans and the culture. He is a really political and intelligent person but he masks that with humour in a way that throws most people off. I think he is a great actor though and you can see that in his use of several different characters in one scene. Comedy doesn't win Oscar's but I think he is something good.

The story is not deep but I was happy that the story that did exist had a bit of meat to it. The climax was obviously ridiculous in a non-funny way (to me anyways, a lot of people love it 100%). I still thought it was entertaining. I did go into this thinking it was going to be a piece of garbage but trusting in Cohen I watched it anyways.

Decent comedy although the humour was a little too out dated yet seemed too soon in a really uncomfortable way. Or, maybe it's just me?

3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...