Saturday, July 21, 2012

The Thing (3)





2011 remake of the classic film and directed by Matthijs van Heijningen Jr. (whoa, what a mouthful!)

 

The monsters were SO COOL. Seriously. They were original and scary and just plan cool/gross. 

I don't overly remember the original though so I may be giving the movie more credit than it deserves but I did enjoy the story and liked the feel and pace of the movie. What I didn't enjoy was the sub par acting. That being said, not everyone has a crappy actor: see Joel Edgerton (Warrior) and Mary Elizabeth Winstead). I liked the scene when when things start really heating up and there is a transfer of who's in charge and there was some good tension and suspense build up with those characters. 

I liked how they had a bit of subtle humour and some good action. I also enjoyed how they added in some pyschological thrills and gave us a bit of perspective on mankind and how we react in a group/when in danger. 

I didn't like how I knew exactly what was going to happen about 15 mins before it happened and the main plot was so obviousy that I knew who was going to live and die within the first 10 minutes of the movie. Lame. 

Not the best thing but also not the worst. It was what it was and the monsters are cool...but I said that already. 

3/5 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...