Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Wrath of the Titans (3.5)



(Trailer) 

2012 action/fantasy movie by Jonathan Liebesman: A new evil is arising and as the power of the Gods wains it is up to one demi-God to save the planet.

I know a lot of people would shake their heads at my 3.5 rating but I honestly liked this movie. It was exactly what I thought it would be but without the shock of  that Clash of the Titans had as I knew what to expect. It also didn't completely change one of my favourite childhood films ever...so...I liked it. I enjoy history/legends (even though I know they stretched a few myths) and I like unnecessary action now and again and that is exactly what I got.

Still...Sam Worthington's acting was not better. Some of the scenes were pretty bad and the dialogue was hilarious but he can handle the action scenes but not much more. I hate how they still feel it necessary to have an unneeded love interest in these kids of movies. Trust me, ruthless action will be enough for us. Blood wins hearts just as much as love (or at least I think).

If you didn't mind the first one give this one a chance. If you like Greek tales and creatures/myths check it out. You may be surprised by how entertaining it is; just like me.

Bonus: Liam Neeson (Unknown, The A-Team). Always. Even if his costumes are ridiculous.

3.5/5

1 comment:

  1. Ok Sam Worthington's acting has not improved from Clash of the Titan's but who's watching anyway. With all the action and with characters like Zeus and Hades played brilliantly by Neeson and Fiennes; I can look over Perseus, unless he's flying on Pegasus. My friend and co-worker from Dish came over to watch Wrath with me yesterday and we had a blast together. Zeus and Hades tear it up at the end; sending beasts back to the underworld, which has to be my favorite part. The CGI looked fantastic on Blu-ray from Blockbuster @Home on my giant HDTV. The action packed film couldn’t have looked prettier, and I couldn’t have been happier watching the comic relief of Toby Kebbell’s Agenor, otherwise known as the navigator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...