Monday, September 17, 2012

Anonymous (1)



(Trailer) 


2011 history/drama director by Roland Emmerich...Something about Shakespeare being a fraud...

This was a load of garbage. I didn't watch the whole thing. I just couldn't. I watched the first 10 minutes and then started making ice cream and watched a few minutes here and then 15 minutes there and then the ending and the whole time I was just so angry...

The story is bad. Maybe it's because I actually appreciate Shakespeare and have no idea why people cannot just accept that some one hundreds of years ago is better than everyone else in the present (get over it). Maybe it's because I studied theatre and have high respect for the man and playwrights in general. Maybe it's because they took something that could have been interesting and ruined it.

I don't understand what was really going on. By that I mean, I understand the base of the plot, but then it just blew up into this story that I couldn't get behind. When I started to grasp what was happening suddenly there were so many characters and I just didn't care. I tried but...I was generally frowning and shaking my head the whole time.

While the costumes and sets were good, I found that the make-up left something to be desired. Also, every time something happened it ended in an overly dramatic and drawn out, slow zoom in on some one looking shocked/angry/upset. BORING. Ugh. Not the actors faults though.

Good things this is called Anonymous because maybe in two years no one will remember who or what or why it ever was (even though no one is talking about it already).


1/5

3 comments:

  1. wow, was it really that bad? at first, i was gonna see it but i haven't until now. i just found out that the trailer was so promising.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found it bad mostly because I just couldnt get behind the script. As I mentioned, I just don't think he was a fraud. Also. A it was slow and pretty boring at times but I know a lot of people thought it was decent.

    To each their own. Thanks for reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're welcome. nice review. have a visit on my movie blog too :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...