Monday, September 3, 2012

Chinatown (4)



(Trailer)

This 1974 classic film noire film by Roman Polanski (Carnage) is about a detective who gets an interesting adultery case that revolves around water and ends up biting off more than he can chew.

This is the movie that really started it all for Jack Nicholson. I don't care how you feel about that guys acting in present day but when he was younger he should've been casted in every movie that was ever made. I got hints of this while watching some of his other acclaimed works but it wasn't until this movie that I truly grasped that WOW that is Jack. So glad that he kept his career going and, in my books, going strong. He was beyond amazing in this movie and is really the main reason to watch it.

The script for this was intense and had more layers than an onion. Once you thought you knew that she did this and he did that it suddenly has nothing to do with either of those people and throws a new level in your face. I had no idea what was really going on until it was revealed to me. I have seen my fair share of movies and so for me to admit that means a lot. I can usually see a plot twist coming a mile away...not this time.

The other characters and actors pretty much just revolved around the planet of Nicholson and couldn't escape his gravitational force (meaning he was too awesome for me to make note of any other performances but they all worked together).

See this. It is on every must see movie list and there is a reason for that. Freakin' awesome (as kids say these days...or was that in my day?).

4/5


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...