Sunday, September 30, 2012

Looper (4)



(Trailer)

2012 action/sci-fi/thriller by director/writer Rian Johnson.

I am not going to give a plot summery because it will be a spoiler.

I am a huge fan of Brick. I think that it is one of the best movies made and so I was super excited to see that Rian Johnson and Joseph Gordon-Levitt (Hesher, 50/50) were going to make another movie together. Add Bruce Willis (Surrogates) and Emily Blunt (The Five-Year Engagement) and you know it's going to be good.

The movie was fanastic. Everyone brought their A game and really rocked the crap out of every scene and character. The kid (Pierce Gagnon) is AMAZING and really made this movie solid.

My only issue is that it wasn't as mind bending and problem solving/thought provoking as I was hoping for. I only say that because of how intense Brick was and that the trailer hinted at something a little deeper (mind you, the story is completely different than Brick). It was not bad at all, don't get me wrong. I know that when I see it again that I will love it 100% but I just didn't get entirely what I was hoping for.

That being said, it was still intense. I loved the idea behind loopers and the whole time travel scenario. I really liked the TK part (don't want to ruin anything but you will know when you see it) and how they focused on life and fate, etc...

I'm starting to hint at what could be a spoiler so I'll stop.

The guns were cool. The future was cool. I like how they didn't waste any time on anything outside of the main story. I loved the action/gun fights and the cast...yup. This is an awesome movie.

Bonus: Jeff Daniels (The Answer Man).

4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...