Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The Big Year (3.5)




(Trailer) 

2011 comedy by director David Frankel.

Three men at different stages in their lives decide to do a big year - attempt to spot the most birds they can in North America during a one year period.

I cannot believe that I actually liked this movie but I really, really did. I laughed and felt joyous and thought it was a generally good, heart felt comedy. I honestly put it on because I 'knew' I wouldn't like it and could turn it off after 20 minutes to go eat dinner...but I ended up finding it hard to turn away.

Jack Black (Kung Fu Panda 2>), Owen Wilson (Midnight in Paris) and Steve Martin were great together. It was nice that they were all different physically and age wise and also written to be in different stages of their lives.

Who would've thought that a movie about birding in North America would be so interesting. It really wasn't about the birds in the end, it was about the people. I found it funny - not burst out laughing all the time, but genuinely humourous. I liked the amount of cheese they added...except for the ending. That was too much cheese for me.

Liked it. That's about all I have to say. I know why it didn't do well but if you can watch it without caring if it's good it will come up and slap you. It wasn't mind blowing, except for the fact that I liked it as much as I did.

Give it a chance.

3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...