Monday, September 3, 2012

Yes Man (3.5)



(Trailer)

2008 comedy by Peyton Reed about a man who makes a packed to say yes to everything.

I can understand why people would not enjoy this movie as much as I did. For one, I am a huge fan of Jim Carrey and have been since I as a kid so I have grown up laughing at everything he has ever done so I just look at him and laugh. Second, the script is about as straight forward as you can get and doesn't veer off course so there are very little surprises. Third, you just didn't give it a chance.

I totally and completely forgot this movie even existed. It came out five years ago already and it just disappeared. It didn't do well critically and people wanted more and didn't get it. So watching it now was great because it has had time to mellow out and come back around from the word of mouth epidemic.

Jim Carrey (I Love You Philip Morris), as always, was hilarious. Some of the characters were a bit out there but it totally worked. Bradley Cooper (Limitless) was a nice (sexy) touch. To be honest, even though I respect the hell out of her, the only disappointing thing was Zooey Deschanel (Our Idiot Brother). Before everyone riots against me honestly sit down and think about whether she can act or not. She can't really. She has been acting the same way and responding with the same facial expressions since her arrival to Hollywood. He music is great and she has a person is amazing and that is why we all like her. Zooey in a movie is just Zooey which is great and she is all cute and what not but honestly...can't act.

Story is was simple but I liked it because it left more room for some seemingly unscripted comedy to come out. The ending, as with most romcoms, was cheese but it was okay because the rest of the movie had me laughing like crazy.

Glad that I finally watched it.

3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...