Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Man on a Ledge (3)



(Trailer) 

2012 action/crime/thriller by director Asger Leth brings us the story of a man who threatens to jump from a ledge until he proves he did not commit a crime he was convicted of.

I saw trailers for this and thought "Well, there is a script that has already been done a million times." and I was pretty much right about that.

You know what will happen as soon as the movie starts. It was easy to guess how everything would turn out.

What this movie did surprise me with was everything else going on outside of this man on a ledge. There was a whole inside job thing that was really interesting and smart and that is what kept me watching. I thought I could watch a few minutes while cooking lunch but ended up watching the entire thing because they were sneaky with giving interesting info (I am being vague because I don't want to give spoilers). This is where the thriller part of this movie comes into play and it's great.

Elizabeth Banks (What to Expect When You're Expecting), Sam Worthington (Wrath of the Titans), Jamie Bell (The Eagle) and Ed Harris (The Way Backwere all good in this movie. There wasn't a lot of room for the actors to prove their skills as the movie focused on keeping a fast pace and moving the story forward but I thought they were good.
That's about it. If you're looking for a straight forward crime/thriller that won't keep you up at nights this may be the movie for you.

Bonus: Edward Burns (She's the One).

3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...