Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Moonrise Kingdom (4.5)



(Trailer)

...I don't want to say what the movie is about because not knowing makes it a million times better.

Holy crap I loved this movie! Thank you, Wes Anderson (director).

I can see why so many people are talking about it especially regarding possible [Oscar] awards!

The cast alone makes my eyes bulge: Bruce Willis (Looper), Edward Norton, Jason Schwartzman (Funny People), Bill Murray, Tilda Swinton, Frances McDormand...

Kara Hayward and Jared Gilman were beyond fantastic. They were quirky, hilarious, smart and all around amazing.

The story seems thin at first but it's the characters that really make this movie so brilliant. It was funny in a unique and fresh way. Originality at its purest. The love when I see a movie and cannot for the life of me compare it to any other film I've ever seen. That doesn't happen  as often as I would like it to and this was one of this movies.

I honestly don't know what else to say. The most I think about this movie the more I fall in love with it. The first half seems unconnected and maybe a bit fuzzy but once everything rolls around full circle you really grasp at how great it is.

Love it.

4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...