Sunday, October 28, 2012

The Covenant (2)



(Trailer) 

2006 Renny Harlin fantasy/horror flick.

A group of teenagers with the ability to do magic discover that their covenant is under threat.

This movie is pretty teen-bopper heavy but without the much desired humour that usual goes along with the teen-horror genre. I laughed a few times, but it was only because I couldn't take the whole teen aspect/overall acting seriously.

As a paranormal movie lover I will give anything a chance. I actually liked the basis of the whole covenant story and the movie had a little more depth to it than I thought it would. Just a little.

What I didn't like was how they decided to 'show' their powers. I didn't like the effect. I also didn't like that they made them seem more like vampires than anything else. I enjoyed the curse aspect of it and the general idea but the fighting was pretty lame and what they used their powers to do was also equally unimpressive.

Decent enough for a late night watch, especially if you're looking for a PG rated horror/fantasy movie.

2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...