Sunday, November 25, 2012

Barney's Version (3.5)


(Trailer) 

2010 drama by Richard J. Lewis about a man who finally finds the love of his life but things don't work out the way he thought they would.

Wow, I did not see that ending coming. Bravo to everyone. I wasn't sure what to take from this movie or if I liked it or not but than the plot twist entered and I was an emotional wreck and I just couldn't believe that his life had become that...

The movie leading up to the plot twist was average in my books. There were a few funny moments which was a nice break in the drama. The performances were great. Paul Giamatti, Rosamund Pike (Made in Dagenham), Scott Speedman and Dustin Hoffman were all amazing. It's just that the script took a bit of time to build and things were slow. Things would happened that you thought would lead to the big climax but then they would fade until BAM the whole thing comes into light.

The ending makes me want to give this film a huge rating but I know I was only vaguely interested for the other half of the film and started to do dishes and what not while watching. The story is great but I couldn't relate to anything or feel a close connection to the characters until the end.

See. this is a classic example of why you should watch movies all the way through. Even if you're bored and swear it will not get better sometimes they surprise you and the entire movie turns around.

I would rate this movie a 4/5 for the ending but I'll just go in between my feelings with...

3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...