Sunday, November 4, 2012

Enter the Void (2)




(Trailer) 

2009 drama/fantasy by renown French director Gaspar Noé (Irreversible) about a druggie who is attempting to rekindle his strained relationship with his sister but gets shot and his spirit follows his sister and former friends.

This movie was too much. I found it really slow, repetitive, a bit disturbing and ultimately strange.

Strange in the sense that it was out there and felt over done. To be honest, explaining this movie at all is impossible for me because I spent most of the time laying on the couch wishing it would hurry up and get to the point so I could stop watching it.

I feel like this movie was made about drugs and the afterlife for people to do drugs and fantasize about the afterlife. I did not have any drugs on hand...although, maybe it wouldn't have felt like a waste if I had.

I like this director. I like how he pushes the boundaries of film like in Irreversible (which is the most disturbing movie I have ever seen but feel that everyone should see it). He lost me this time around. The whole outer body movement and sex and colours and strange visions took up far more time than the characters and scene progression. I respect this movie but I will not ever feel the need to watch it again.

Check it out if the trailer interests you but be prepared for 3 hours of not a lot. Also, the brother and sister love thing was a bit much for me but I like that the director did not back down his that.

Cool concept. For sure nothing like this has been done before. I really wanted to like this movie and heard good things but it didn't do it for me.

2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...